Friday, April 8, 2016

G is for Gaming

Because why not, right? I love games. I grew up with a giant collection of board games and spent days with my grandparents playing card games. When I got a computer, I treasured my computer games and when my parents finally consented to let me get a Super Nintendo, I fell head over heels for video games.

It's what I'm doing when I'm not reading or writing. It's a chance to let my mind rest when I've overworked it. You can usually find me tapping away on my Xbox controller, running something on Steam, or prodding at my 3DS. I have far, far more games than I should based on how many I've actually played and beaten. I'm trying to get better about that. *Looks at still-growing list of Steam games, plus hard copy games* It, uh, it's not working out so well.

Anyway, my current game of choice is Stardew Valley. I've been curious about the Harvest Moon series and the Animal Crossings for a while, so when this cute-looking game that somewhat combined the two came out, I decided, "Why not?"

Two weeks and 65+ hours of gametime later, it's been days since I've written. My query goes un-updated after the last round of Hell crits. I took out a rejection on a mine full of slimes, then made my character eat, like, five ice cream cones.

I swear I'll get back to my writing soon. Just, you know, as soon as this crop season finishes. And maybe once I've found all the artifacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment