- You are stranded on a desert island. You are allowed one book, one CD, and one movie. What do you take?
One? Starting with such a cruel question. My "evil, evil woman" analysis holds up. My first book choice would be Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, but the nostalgia and inability to act on it would be unbearable. So I'd probably pick Jingo by Terry Pratchett.
CD: the Greatest Hits album of Huey Lewis and the News.
Movie: The Avengers.
- Favourite season? Why?
Right now. That late spring/early summer where the sun and wind are warm, there's no need for the jackets to come back out for months, and fireflies are lighting up the night, making dancing stars on Earth.
- Coffee fanatic or tea fiend? With milk/cream and sugar or without?
Tea. Sweet tea, southern style, cold and sugary.
- What one place would you visit with that magical plane ticket? Why?
Assuming by magical we mean "anywhere at all" then by golly I'm on my way to Ankh-Morpork and don't even try to stop me. I'm going straight Two-Flower here.
If we were meant to pick a real world location, then probably the Galapagos Islands. I've always wanted to go there, mingle with the wildlife.
- Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or Harry Potter? ::evil laugh::
Potter. While I love them all, Star Wars and Harry Potter were my childhoods. I was a late-comers to Lord of the Rings. Then Star Wars failed me on the prequels. So Potter takes the metaphorical gold.
- Black Widow or Catwoman? Explain.
Black Widow 4 lyfe. Marvel 4 lyfe.
- Milk chocolate or sinfully dark?
Dark. Not long ago I would have said milk, but I've learned to love dark recently.
- Smaug: justified in defending his hoard against thieving dwarves or homicidal maniac?
Wasn't his horde in the first place, now was it? He, in fact, was the original thief.
- Dragons or krakens?
Oh man, this is a legitimately tough question. I love them both. Krakens are awesome, rarer and have the best catchphrase, plus I just love the mystery of the oceans, but man, dragons are DRAGONS. Uuuuugh krakens. I pick krakens. Krakens aren't gonna take my shiny stuff.
- You find a gold ring buried in your backyard. What do you do?
Hey y'all, a genuine Noprize for anyone who guesses what Anna's favorite series is.
Legit answer: have my neighbors contact the former homeowner and arrange to return it. His mother was the only person to own our house, so it would be highly likely that the ring was hers.
Honest answer: I've always wanted to take a trip to Hawaii to climb a volcano.
Christy Nicholas, A. G. Carpenter, JJ Litke, and anyone else who wishes to take this challenge (just leave a comment and I'll add you to this link list), here are your questions!
1. Hot dog or hamburger? (Veggie options are allowed for vegetarian or vegan followers.)
2. Time travel has been invented! When are you going?
3. What is your favorite kind of weather, and why?
4. In a race between the Flash, Quicksilver, Superman, and a tortoise, who's your money on?
5. What was the first story you ever wrote?
6. You have to go explore either deep space or the deep sea. Which do you pick?
7. What's your favorite musical?
8. Marvel or DC?
9. Following that, who's your favorite supervillain?
10. You get to have a dinner with five people of your choice, living or dead, but you have to cook. Who do you invite and what do you make?