Monday, November 4, 2013

NaNo Day 4

Three days in and all is fairly well. Right now I'm managing a scene a day, but I've only got two more scenes planned out before we hit uncharted territory. I'm so bad at planning the middle...

I'm happy with the characters so far. The main three have their own personalities that are coming out on the page well. The third one I introduced even made his appearance before I realized it was him. Considering he's a spontaneous troublemaker, it fit that he's even playing games with me. End result is what I think is my best action sequence yet. It's probably still terrible, but I'm happy with it. I just hope I can stretch the middle long enough to fill the month. I'm already starting to worry. I mean, if I don't make 50k with this story, that's fine. I have plenty of other things to start. I'm just a habitual underwriter, and I'd like to get out of this gray area between novellas and novels. I just don't know how to add more.

Day 3 wordcount: 5,078/50,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment